Peshwe & other Royalty
Peshwe or Peshwa were the Prime Ministers of the Marattha Kingdom. But reality was that the were the defacto rulers, hence they were the self created royalty in the old feudal setup. Various other war lords or Sardars in due course of time, became the rulers of the territories under their command and elevated themselves to the rank of the Raja or King. Small biography of each entry will be soon added.
- Bajirao I - Balaji Vishwanath Bhat
- Chimajiappa Bhat-Brother of Bajirao-I
- Nanasaheb alias Balaji Bajirao
- Sadashivraobhau-son of Chimajiappa
- Raghobadada alias Raghunath Bajirao
- Madhavrao & Narayanrao sons of Nanasaheb
- Sawai Madhavrao -son of Narayanrao
- Bajirao II-son of Raghobadada
- Kolhatkar's father & son -Senapati of Bhonsle Army
- Nanasaheb Phadnis (Bhanu)
- Gopalrao Patwardhan - Ruler of Miraj
- Parshurambhau Patwardhan-Ruler of Sangli
- Sardar Raste of Pune
- Sardar Natu of Pune
- Sardar Ghorpade -Ruler of Ichalkaranji
- Patwardhans of Jamkhindi
- Govindpant Ganu -Diwan of Holkar Court,Indore Central India.
- Dinkarrao Rajwade -Diwan of Shinde Royal Court.
$ Updated : 2001 November 16 $ © 1998-2002 kokanastha.com. All rights reserved.